The fusion of Korean and Japanese was very unique and very mouthwatering. All the rice, sauces and meats make for the perfect comfort food... And the rich egg flavours in many of the dishes were perfect for me!
Try the deep fried skewers - they are just lightly battered, and they made for the perfect snack!
Went during Valentine's and loved it:
- Authentic food. Run by a Korean couple - the wife lived for a while in Japan. My wife tried the Hamburg Steak and Tonkatsu. My wife is Japanese and said that the Hamburg Steak tasted like what she has in Japan.
- Generous portions. We couldn't finish the generous portions of the Tonkatsu.
- Tasty kushiage. I would come back for just the Fish Cake and Fish Ball kushiage. My wife loved the Lotus Root kushiage.
- Friendly service. The owner was clearly trying to make sure we were comfortable. When my wife and I were having a good conversation, the owner was cognizant enough not to bother us.
- Extra touch. At the end of our Valentine's meal, the wife gave us 3 Ferrero chocolates for free.
Needless to say, scored some serious points with my wife for just bringing her to Shokudo!
I was impressed by their food and the service. The tonkatsu ( fried pork cutlet) was amazing.
OpenTable ダイナー3名によるShokudo Restaurantの評価は4.3☆です。